Q Solar ARC
- solar air heater for medium-cold and cold climate
- works by re-circulating the air with the building
- its price including installation is $150 - $300/m2, depending on size and version
Above is shown a Q Solar ARC of about 6m2 which heats a tourist unit.
- functioning: heats the air of the building and delivers it back to the building, therefore delivers the highest air temperature
- size: between 1m2 (0.95m x 1.2m) and 6m2 (2.4m x 2.4m)
- running: its fan is actuated by the solar panel, so it costs nothing to run
- energy output: 1m2 can deliver about 15MJ (4kWh) of heat in a sunny day, that would cost about $1.5 if produced with an electric heater
- performance: during sunny days the temperature difference between inlet and outlet can be about 45 degrees Celsius
- payback: about one and half years compared to electric heaters, about 2 years compared to LPG heaters, or about 3 years compared to natural gas heaters
- advantages: It is about 2 times more economical than any other solar heaters of the same performance.
Above is shown a Q Solar ARC of about 2m2 which can heat an average size room.