Q Solar ADU
- very economical heater for mild-cold climate (or for autumn and spring in cold climate)
- it does not have a transparent cover, so it is more suitable for backyard walls
- price: $70 - $150 per square metre depending on size and version
Above is shown a small Q Solar ADU of 1m2
- functioning: heats the outside air and delivers it inside the building
- size: between 1m2 (0.95m x 1.2m) and 2.5m2 (1.1m x 2.4m)
- suitability: it is more suitable for inexpensive buildings, sheds, than for homes.
- running: its fan is actuated by the solar panel, so it costs nothing to run
- energy output: 1m2 can deliver about 7MJ (2kWh) of heat per day, that would cost about $0.7 if produced with an electric heater
- performance: during sunny days it can raise the temperature of the air by about 25 degrees Celsius
- payback is about one year compared to electric heaters, about 2 years compared to LPG heaters, or about 3 years compared to natural gas heaters
- advantages: can also be used as a drier in summer if connected to a drier cabinet.